UX designer with over 11 years professional experience. Collaborates well with developers and others to creatively solve problems that affect users. Experienced at refining the structure and patterns composing digital applications. Passionate about UX process; Practices Double Diamond method of user-centered design.
- Brainstorming / Whiteboarding
- Collaborative Design
- Creative Problem Solving
- Design Thinking / Design Process
- Enterprise Tools
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
Sr. UX Designer at Oracle NetSuite
Advising improvements to process and infrastructure to support a more UX savvy and design centered culture.
UX Designer at Vaadin
- Define patterns, best practices, guidelines for a new design system
- Promote and support a collaborative design culture for a growing team
- Research, design, and test of digital tools for business accounting
As Vaadin's only U.S. based UX designer, I worked closely with our American clients to plan and design their enterprise applications. These projects required close collaboration with client stakeholders and developers, as well as Vaadin's in-house development team.
UX/Interaction Designer for JP Morgan Chase
- Led projects from pre-sales to development hand-off
- Led workshops for clients, users, and coworkers
- Worked to define service products and internal processes
I worked on the redesign of Chase.com (launched 2016).
UI/UX Designer at eHealth Insurance
- Interaction Designer for a multidisciplinary scrum team
- Created prototypes for user tests, collaborated on test content
- Identified and refined design patterns, won approval for updates to IA and navigation
eHealth Insurance is an online insurance broker which offers tools to help users compare plans across carriers. My role included front-end development, visual and UI design, and UX.
Designer/Developer as a Freelancer
- Led design and development of landing pages for U.S. states
- Teamed with 3 designers on a Caregiver prototype that won green light support for a new product
- UI design for new tools, forms, banners, and ads in accordance with brand guidelines
I sought freelance work to gain experience and help me round out my skill set and portfolio.
Web Developer at Page 1 Solutions (now Advice Media)
- Designed and developed custom web sites for small businesses across many industries
- Created custom logos and branding
- Worked on animated banners, slideshows, newsletters, videos, contact forms, blog integration
Page 1 Solutions is an SEO company that creates and manages custom sites for doctors and lawyers. I broke into the industry at Page 1 as a "Design Assistant," learning html and css by troubleshooting broken sites. Over time, I progressed to "Developer" and built sites in Drupal.
- Developed new SEO friendly sites in Drupal from PS comps
- Designed site templates, banners, calls-to-action, landing pages, forms, etc.
- Developed clickable slideshows, animated banners, blogs, contact forms, videos, photo galleries
Balsamiq, Figma, Illustrator, Invision, Keynote, Photoshop, Sketch
Creative Problem Solving, Design Research, HTML/CSS, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Personas, Rapid Prototyping, Requirements Gathering, Responsive Design, Stakeholder/User Interviews, UI Design, Usability Testing, Whiteboarding, Wireframes, Workshops
Boston University Bachelor of Fine Arts, Painting, 1998.